The very main reason I studied SEO is to be able to learn how to blog effectively and not just write for the purpose of it. I know most of you have been asking what is SEO blogging and how to write one or more so, how important it is for my virtual assistant or home-based business?
SEO is a short term for Search Engine Optimization, a strategic way to make a website rank on the top page of Google or other search engine searches. It’s not done in a day or two or even weeks. It takes a lot of effort to do it and one way is to blog regularly and effectively. Some call it SEO Blogging, others SEO-friendly blogs.
Whatever they want to call it, it only means writing a blog using a certain technique that will help the blog and the website to get seen on searches better, thus, increasing the number of visits to their website. It’s called web traffic.
The Process of SEO Blogging?
1. Know your ideal audience and product or services. If you don’t have a product or service that you’re selling, at least your advocacy or the the reason why you decided to create a blog. The story behind your website. By clearly identifying both of this, you have a clear idea of who your readers are and what your blog topic would be.
2. Plan your blog topics. Having a plan gives you enough time to take your own pictures so you won’t have to get pictures from the internet and avoid a little trouble. These tips are also in my previous blog, Blogging 101 so if you want to have a more detailed explanation, I suggest you take time to read it, too.
It is better to research on it before choosing a topic which of course should be related to the product or service you’re selling online. As much as possible, choose a topic that you can hardly find online and make sure that it gives a lot of new information or a solutions to a problem of your target audience.
3. Know your blog topic for the day and write about it. Write as you talk and how you want it to flow. Leave the proofreading at the end. Just write and have fun. Your audience will feel it if you just wrote a blog just for the purpose of writing one.
Keywords and How They’re Important for Blogging
4. Once your first draft is done, get the copy of your keywords. These are predetermined keywords about your business and should have been set-up as your “website description” or “meta tag”. At least 4-5 keywords for starters will do.
If you don’t have it yet, I suggest you ask help from professional keyword researcher or SEO Consultants and managers to choose the best keyword for your website. This includes a lot of analyzation including competitor’s analysis so getting your keywords seen by professionals is a great advantage.
5. Let’s assume that you already have your keyword list in place. Get all of them. Now get back to your blog and re-read them, find where you can fill-in your keywords. Make sure that your sentence still looks natural. I suggest to fill-in at least 1-2 keywords per blog so as not to “stuff” the blog with too much keyword. Google knows it and you can get “slapped” if you do that.
Slapped means your website might be penalized by Google and instead of getting ranked better, you’ll end up ranked down or worse, your website won’t end up in any search at all.
6. Once you’ve properly stuffed your blog with enough keywords, it’s time to hyperlink them. Hyperlinking is making a certain text clickable, pointing to your other blogs related to the keywords or to other authority sites. Those are sites with a lot of viewers and have already established a name in the online industry. It also helps to link to other friend’s websites provided that the keyword you used is relevant to their topic as well.
What is Hyper Link in Blogs?
It is a short code that tells the computer to make the word “My site” clickable and once it’s clicked, the page would direct the reader to the URL or web address in between the apostrophe. Sometimes, you may see quotes (“LINK in between”) in the link but they almost do pretty much the same thing.
The (“LINK in between”) is a dynamic code while the (‘LINK in between’) is static. Website developers and programmer do that but i don’t want to deal with it too much. Sometimes, if there’s a problem in the link, I just change the (“ ”) into (‘ ’) and it is solved as long as there are no other error in the code.
7. Once you’re satisfied with how your blog looks like, you can leave it for a day or two and get back to it for editing after. I’ve been using this technique to be able to forget what I wrote and be able to get a fresh pair of eyes to look at it again to see the errors in grammar, spelling, indention, punctuation and everything else.
Please take note that Google can hardly read numbers, #hashtags and special characters so make sure that your URL looks clean.
For example: http://www.professionalvas.com/virtual-assistant-collaborates-seo-consultant/
If your URL looks like this,
have your web developer fix it for better Google crawling.
In my next post, I will be showing you how to add a picture to your blog to make it SEO-friendly, too. If you have any questions or comments, let me know. See you on my next posts.